"Gud har sagt: Jeg slipper deg ikke og svikter deg ikke." Heb. 13.5

Welcome to my blog!

Here you can read about me and my
life as a nurse and
how my life turns out when I try to let
God lead me:)

Enjoy!

6.5.08

A taste of Uganda

  This weekend became a healing for body and soul. I went to Wheaton, one of Chicago's suburbs to visit Nicholas, who I worked together with in Uganda and now studies at Wheaton College, and his wife Sylvia. Again it was really good to come to somehow the country side and feel the peaceful and quiet atmosphere there. Saturday evening we just relaxed at home with a big cup of milk-tea, and I was taken back to Uganda for a few seconds:)

The Sunday started with a Bible class that Nicholas attends before DSCN4835church and continued with a service after. After church, While Sylvia went home to prepare lunch, me and Nicholas walked around in the beautiful sun to picture the spring. And I almost didn't believe what I got served for lunch, cabbage, meet and chapati!! 

DSCN4854In the afternoon we went for a IFES-meeting, where we heard IFES-news and did a lot of praying.

When we came home in the evening I DSCN4880went for a walk by my self, to have some quiet-time, and just feel the peaceful atmosphere that was there. Thank you for a really Nice weekend Nicholas and Sylvia! Next time I see you will probably be in Uganda:)

 

 

 

 

This week is my last here in Chicago and at Jesus People! I've had a good time here, but I think it's time to move on.  As Kay like to say, "There is a time for everything" (Eccl 3,1a), and my time as a dishwasher is soon over. I will miss many of the people here, but with today's technology (Facebook, MSN and MySpace) I hope to keep in touch:) And It's nice to know that I will have a place to come to here in Chicago! The next month I will do a lot of traveling, and I'm sure I will have some really exciting weeks! It all starts with some restful days in Fort Wayne:)

6 kommentarer:

Kay Amund sa...

Heldig som fekk møte dei da!
Satse på at oss fær til en Uganda tur neste sommer at me Aina og Ingrid!

Flott du kosa dej! og at du klare å tenke positivt:)
Satse på siste delen av turen blir minst like bra:)

Gud bevare dej!

Anonym sa...

hei Per!

selv om jeg ikke rekker å lese blogginnlegget akkurat nå, så tenkte jeg at jeg kunne legge igjen en liten kommentar:-)

Håper du nyter våren og har det bra. Tenker på deg sånn innimellom.

Varm mai-klem fra Aina Marie

Stine sa...

tenk at du he komt til den siste vika der!Syns du akkurat reiste,men no begynne d endelig å nærme sej heimreise:) Bra at du e positivt innstilt,og du he mykje gøy å sjå fram t no da!:)

Men skal du virkelig til Disneyland???Seriøøøst?Ej m vil!!!!!

take care per! Stor klem frå solfylte Oslo:D

Unknown sa...

Even me I want to have a taste of Uganda! Og gjerne en smak av Disneyland og. Når reiser vi over Stine?

Håper du får en fin måned på reisefot. Hils Langbein fra meg!

Stine sa...

Ej foreslår at oss droppa eksamen og heile greia, og heller reise t Disneyland atme na Per!!!
E du m Eivind???? JaAAaaAAaa!!

Ej vil helst møte...na Donald, og na Langbein, og kanskje Ole,Dole og Doffen!! Jaaa!!!
*entusiastisk*

Unknown sa...

Ordne du med billettan da Stine? Per sørge for å transporten innad i JuEssandEi, regne æ med.