"Gud har sagt: Jeg slipper deg ikke og svikter deg ikke." Heb. 13.5

Welcome to my blog!

Here you can read about me and my
life as a nurse and
how my life turns out when I try to let
God lead me:)

Enjoy!

10.5.08

Jesus' soldier

My time in Chicago has come to an end, and it's time to write something about what I have been doing here, and how I have experienced it. Before I came her I knew very little about what I was going to do, I just did what I felt God was telling me to do, "Go to Jesus People". I came a Thursday evening, and they told me to be ready to do dishes 7 o'clock the next morning! It was not what I expected on beforehand, but that is what I have been doing the last six weeks, from seven in the morning up to two in the afternoon, with breaks in the weekends. And this other day, while I was working, a song I learned as a kid came to my mind. The text goes something like this; "I am not a foot soldier, in the cavalry, a pilot, but I'm a soldier for Jesus". And you know how different soldiers in the military have different positions and therefore different equipments. And it just hit me how Jesus equipped me to fight all this plates and bowls all this time. And if you're willing to go for Jesus, he will e quip you with the right "tools" to do what he put you to do!

DSCN5169

 DSCN5055 DSCN5062

But I have done some other things also. Two Wednesdays I've been at one of the shelters to help giving out food packs to poor people and one Saturday I've been serving food to homeless people at the same shelter. I have also had nightshifts on this physically handicapped man many Wednesday nights and two nights I've been doing nightshift at the reception in the main building. Really nice to do something different, and to see and experience different parts of the Jesus People ministry:)

DSCN5069DSCN4612

I've also done other things in the afternoons than sitting on my computer. Some evenings (too few I think) I've been playing games with some of the people here, it's been arranged concerts on the house and this and other highlights have made this a really good experience after all.

DSCN5124  DSCN4755

DSCN4800 DSCN4318

And here is some pictures of people

 DSCN5173 DSCN5119

DSCN5146 DSCN5174

DSCN5177 DSCN5141

1 kommentar:

Kay Amund sa...

Vel blåst;)
Du he gjort en veldig bra jobb! so no kan du kose dej med reising og morosamme ting, siste månen!