"Gud har sagt: Jeg slipper deg ikke og svikter deg ikke." Heb. 13.5

Welcome to my blog!

Here you can read about me and my
life as a nurse and
how my life turns out when I try to let
God lead me:)

Enjoy!

27.5.08

Houston, we're having a great time!

While I was in Uganda with Hald, me and Kay lived in the Wafula-family. One of the brothers lives in the US with his family, but was in Uganda for some time to do a job. So this week I've been in Houston to visit him and his family, his wife Sarah and their daughter Daniella.

It's been a great week with Warm weather, some shopping, relaxing and a trip to NASA and to a island in the Mexican gulf called Galveston. The three first days I was totally on my own since Sarah and Daniella were on a holiday to Milwaukee and Jimmy was busy reading for his exam. So the first day I just walked around here in the neighborhood and the next day I took a trip to downtown and to a shopping center. Downtown was not much to write home about, so when I found out that there was no shopping center downtown I found a bus and found a really big one so I got to do some shopping this day and the next. Now it can look like I shopped for two whole days, but take it easy. I didn't. Something was wrong with Jimmy's land-line, so the Internet at home didn't work. So actually my first mission on that Wednesday was to find a Internet-café or a place with wireless. And not surprisingly I found a Starbucks not far from where I stayed:) So everyday, either before doing anything or after doing something I went there to surf.

On Saturday evening we went to a service at Lakewood Church, the biggest church in the US! And it was Huge! I loved the worship there, but I didn't get much of the message in the speech because I had a terrible headache.

Monday was Memorial Day, and therefore a public holiday. So we went to NASA visitor center! It was really interesting to see the different outfits that the astronauts use, to see how a Space-ship looks like inside and the food they eat while their in space. We also took a tour to Johnson Space Center where they actually train astronauts and testing things that are going out to ISS.

  DSCN5690DSCN5707

When we were finished there we went to Galveston, a big island in the Mexican gulf. The beaches were packed with people and the water was so warm! But the beach it self was not very nice. A lot of sea weed covered it, but people didn't seem to bother. 

DSCN5767 RSCN5785

DSCN5774

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Hei Per Oddvin!
Ser ut til at du stadig he spennende dagar! Må ver ganske herlig med varmt ver. Men oss kan ikkje klage so gale her heller, he vør mykje sol og fint. Temperaturen e ikkje noko særleg,kald vind og det hekje vør mykje over 10. Det gjenge mot innspurt i skuleåret, hektiske daga. Gler oss til du kjøme heim, og til ferien. Papsen va ganske fornøgd med usa-turen.
Mammklem frå mej

Kay Amund sa...

Ej me vil besøke NASA senteret, d såg kjekt ut!
Å bra du fekk tida å møte Jimmy me, bra mann d!

E bra ver i Oslo me, i helga e d meldt 25 grader:P

Kos dej videre!

Unknown sa...

Howdy!

Æ e med Kay! Kan ta det i samme slengen som Disneyland.

Enjoy Texas, men pass dæ! Staten tar livet av menneska der borte...