"Gud har sagt: Jeg slipper deg ikke og svikter deg ikke." Heb. 13.5

Welcome to my blog!

Here you can read about me and my
life as a nurse and
how my life turns out when I try to let
God lead me:)

Enjoy!

28.3.08

God’s will?

Ej he no kom til Jesus People i Chicago! Vil skrive på engelsk heretter.

After a nice week in Minneapolis and La Crosse, with Derek, Regan and Justus, I arrived at Jesus People in Chicago yesterday evening. Thank you Derek and Regan for giving me a really nice, relaxing week! You are really great!!

I found my way from the train-station to Jesus People and one of the coordinators met me in the lobby, showed me my room and gave me a tour around. I’m pretty glad that my mum is not here to drop me off and see me settle in. The house I live in looks kind of old and the halls looks like they need renovation, and so do the bathrooms. My room is full of stuff, some big, wooden boxes, a guitar, a sofa and a chair, which is nice to have, suitcases and the three-story bed, where I sleep on top. I got to meet some of the people here, the guy in the room next door looks kind of scary, but he seemed nice though. We also have a pirate here, which can be good, I’m not sure how this neighborhood is; I hear sirens almost all the time. And today I had to visit a guy to connect me to the internet; he played World of Warcraft, he on one computer and his wife on another. They’re around 60 years I guess.




I went quite early to bed; I had to get up at 6 this morning, the work started at 7, dishwashing! That, and sweeping floors is basically the things I’ll be doing here the next 1,5 month! Well, if that’s what God needs me to do, I’m ready! Please pray for me, this day has been ok, but everything is new and I’ve been thinking a lot of why I’m here.

This first day I washed dishes and sat them back on place almost continuously from 7 in the morning up to 3 in the afternoon, I could go a little earlier because I was new. One of the guys in my room said that we were done at 2 pm, but I don’t think that will be very often. But the weekends are off, so that will be good! The two guys in my room are really nice, Richard and Joel.


The view from the entrance into our hallway

The sidewalk outside our building.

3 kommentarer:

Kay Amund sa...

Spennde å lese om din første dag!
Gler mej til å lese om alle disse spennede folka du he rundt dej:)

So fær en håpe d blir en fin opplevelse, å ikkje berre oppvask;)

Gud bevare dej!

Anonym sa...

Kj�re Per!
Ditta kan bli spennende! Husk at dei to f�rste vekene n�r alt er nytt er ganske slitsomme, etterp� vil det heilt sikkert g� bedre. N�r det gjeld oppvask, s� syns ej du skal tenke p� det din kj�re bestefar alltid he sagt, at han tenke s� godt mens han vaska opp. Det kan bli mange djupe tanka av 7 - 8 timars oppvask for dag!
Godt nytt om bilen, Teodor he allereie tatt den i bruk, syns det e ein kjempebil. Satsa p� EU-kontrollen g�r bra, s� f�r vi ordne med salget.
Trur nok du he ein plass du skal fylle der du e no i nokre vike. Dei som jobbar p� grunnplanet e heilt avgjerande for at resten av arbeidet skal fungere!
Skal helse fr� Joker-gjengen, og sj�lsagt fr� farmor, mormor og bestefar. Oss tenke p� dej og be for deg :-)
Helgaklem fr� mamma og pappa

Marit sa...

Kjære Per!! Veit? Ej he faktisk vør på Jesus People, va der me Bildøy..utruli bra opplegg!! Men sjønna ka du meina me gammalt;) Ska be om at oppholdet ditt bli meiningsfullt, å at Gud bruka dej sann so han vil:) Spennende å lese om alt du oppleve:)
Stor klem