"Gud har sagt: Jeg slipper deg ikke og svikter deg ikke." Heb. 13.5

Welcome to my blog!

Here you can read about me and my
life as a nurse and
how my life turns out when I try to let
God lead me:)

Enjoy!

12.8.10

U2 live in Frankfurt

This blog should actually just be blanc. It’s not possible to describe how the concert with U2 was, you had to be there. And me and a friend, Karl-Erik, we were there! What can I say? It was insanely fantastic perfect!! When they after an intro sets off with “A beautiful Day” the atmosphere at Commerzbank Stadium was lifted high up in the air:D Undescribeable!! It became a beautiful perfect day!

IMG_0158
There it is, Commerzbank stadium! We were just approaching
Frankfurt airport, or Flügenhafen, as they say it in German. 

P1040398
Karl-Erik is ready!!

 P1040402
Me too:)
At this point the support act, Kasabian had gone
off
the stage and people were making it ready for U2.

image 
“It’s a beautiful Day!”

image
image


image 
“Sunday bloody sunday”

image

Towards the end some people carried lights and placed them around the scene and Bono talked about nobel peace prize winner of 1991 from Burma, Aung San Suu Kyi and the work she is doing and said we had to pray for her. Then almost all the light was dimmed down and only the lights at the stage, and one on Bono with a guitar, was on. It was quite quiet and he sang the first verse of “Amazing Grace”. It was a magic moment.

P1040464 U2
Adam Clayton, Bono, Larry Mullen Jr. and The Edge

We came on Monday afternoon and had some time to look around in Frankfurt too :) And man, it’s a nice city! Located along the shores of the river Main it has beautiful parks along the river and I really liked the old town and the city as a whole. Though our hostel was located in a quite bad area with alot of prostitues on the streets.

IMG_0279 IMG_0314 IMG_0331 Yes, it’s my tatoo!! But it’s almost gone now..

image 
Real tourists:)
image 
The river Main by evening and night.
image

image
The old city hall

IMG_0256
Some tourists…:p

A perfect trip with an amazing concert. Couldn’t have been better.

3 kommentarer:

Eivind Myhr sa...

Sounds like a nice experience:) Also good with some serious content on top of the music...

Per Oddvin Stornes sa...

It was a perfect ending of the summer:) NOw I feel ready to start school again! But after I've been in Prince and Vibeke's wedding!
Kom plutsli på at ej kunne skreve på norsk, men du skjønna no engelsk me:p Blei litt reve med..

Unknown sa...

Fikk frysninga når e leste amazin grace avsnittet! Må ha vært en heilt FANTASTISK opplevelse!! :)