"Gud har sagt: Jeg slipper deg ikke og svikter deg ikke." Heb. 13.5

Welcome to my blog!

Here you can read about me and my
life as a nurse and
how my life turns out when I try to let
God lead me:)

Enjoy!

27.4.08

The week

The week has ended, and a new is about to begin. And it has gone fast! I've not been blogging too much the last days, and I have not only been washing the bathroom and dishes, so here is some of the other things I've been doing.

On Tuesday I helped out at one of the shelters to unload a lot of food from a truck and the next day I came there to help giving out some of the food we unloaded to needy people. It was nice to do something else for a day!

Thursday was my birthday! It was a quite normal day, one year older, one year closer to halfway to 50. But I got some cards in the mail and in the evening me, Richard and Andrew went to the Art Institute downtown and afterwards we ate deep dish pizza. Which was really good!! Thanks to Aina, grandmother and grandfather and Lynn and Larry which sent me birthday-cards! And I guess the pack that is waiting for me in post-office is from my family. I also talked to my family, to Olav and to Stine on skype, which is always nice! So the day became a little special anyway.

On Friday two guys asked me if I wanted to come with them to the lake to swim, I thought they were just joking, but when we came there one of them jumped in! And he challenged me to do it, so I jumped! The water was freezing cold! But the strong breeze was so warm, so I was not cold for very long.

Saturday I went back to the shelter to help out with giving out meals to homeless people. Before the first group was served, the leader read something from the scripture and prayed. And I thought it was really nice to be a part of God’s love to these people! 
 
 

Ingen kommentarer: