"Gud har sagt: Jeg slipper deg ikke og svikter deg ikke." Heb. 13.5

Welcome to my blog!

Here you can read about me and my
life as a nurse and
how my life turns out when I try to let
God lead me:)

Enjoy!

7.11.06

Evening with Norwegian food and overnight-meeting



At Saturday we had the girls over to cook food that we use to eat. The headline is a little misleading, since we didn’t make real Norwegian food. But it became a meal it will take a long time to forget! The girls did a marvelous job in the kitchen; they’re adjusting to the African tradition that the kitchen is the girls’ place very wellJ They made pizza and rice porridge, the two things that maybe are the most common things to eat at Saturdays in Norway, at least it were in my family when I was younger. It really made my heart smile!! Thank you girlsJ







After the meal we had to get ready for the overnight meeting at the FOCUS-office. It was a meeting for FATT-memebers and STEM-workers. We were afraid that we were the last persons to come, because we left home five to nine, but only one of the FATT-members had arrived at that time, and ones again we were reminded on the African-time. So at 9:45 we were almost everybody and the leader decided to start. But none of the STEM-workers appeared, except for us from Norway. It was a meeting where we were told how the FATT-members are working and a little of the history of how it started and the vision about the work. We were told that the meeting was supposed to run up to 6 am the next morning, but they wanted to be finished at 3. At 2:15 I went home, I couldn’t stay awake any longer, so I was allowed to go. Kay said they finished at 4! I thought it would be more prayer and worshiping, since I’ve heard that the name of the meeting is overnight-prayer, so I was a little disappointed, but now I know how those meetings work, and can come to the next meeting with other expectations, I think they use to have these meetings every first Saturday in the month

Ingen kommentarer: