"Gud har sagt: Jeg slipper deg ikke og svikter deg ikke." Heb. 13.5

Welcome to my blog!

Here you can read about me and my
life as a nurse and
how my life turns out when I try to let
God lead me:)

Enjoy!

12.11.10

Nursing process on ground floor

For nurses there is something we call the “nursing process”. It has four phases.
1. Collecting data, the patient’s needs and resources.
2. Planning, prioritize problems and needs. List up goals.
3. Implementation, What to do to reach goals.
4. Evaluation.

On Wednesday I had another day with the kids. Me and another leader took a bunch with us out to a soccer-field. We had a lot of fun and the kids seemed to have a good time. But as you now, soccer can be a quite rough sport. So when one of the kids was hit in his face by the ball I kind of did the nursing process, on ground floor.

1. He need to be comforted. His resources, he can tell me where it hurts.
2. His eye hurts, he need pain-relief. Goal is; his eye doesn’t hurt.
3. Take him aside, let him sit on my lap. Tell him to close the eye that hurts. It might help.
4. He stops crying, for a little while he just sits there, I ask if he’s ok and he runs back out on the field.

Problem solved:)

1 kommentar:

Asbjørn sa...

Dette bar jo etter boka,eit flott eksempel. Trur eg må bruke dei i undervisninga om sjukepleieplan i morgon.