"Gud har sagt: Jeg slipper deg ikke og svikter deg ikke." Heb. 13.5

Welcome to my blog!

Here you can read about me and my
life as a nurse and
how my life turns out when I try to let
God lead me:)

Enjoy!

7.3.09

News from Oslo!

I’ve been thinking so many times that I should write a blog. And I’ve been thinking “I want to blog about this, or this”, but then I haven’t had the time! So now I’m taking some time to write!

My eight weeks in the nursing home is soon over. Four more days at work, before it’s back to school. I look forward to get back, to meet my other classmates. But it will be a little hard to leave the practice too, I’ve really liked the place I’ve been at, the people that work there is really competent in working with people and I’ve learned so much! I’ve had to face many challanges, like meeting people in a stage where they don’t understand why they can’t be at home, talk about how they’re facing the end of their lives, meeting people that are in a total different world mentally, think they’re in a bus or a plane and wants to get off, or like the frustration of beeing old, and forgetting things and don’t understands the things happening to them. One of the greatest challenges I think, is which words to choose when talking to them about things that involves life and death, and their situation, or talking to one from the patient’s family. It’s been so interresting and informative, and so fun to carry out many of the things that we practiced on each other last semestre! My next challenge now is working in a hospital. I got a job I applied for, in the hospital that is connected to the school I’m in, in the divison for gastric ulcer, diseases of the blood and diabetic. Will work Saturday and Sunday every 3rd weekend, so it won’t take all my time!

As you read in the last blog, it’s been snowing a lot here in Oslo! It has started to melt, but some days it keeps coming more snow..I’m ready for spring now!! Will post some pictures of the winter here in Oslo:)

DSCN8815 
The view from our doorway

DSCN8822 
From a walk last Saturday

DSCN8814 DSCN8812
The view from our livingroom window

Have a nice Sunday and a good week!

2 kommentarer:

Marielle sa...

Sååå bra du he kosa d mykje i praksis! I ser fram t å begynne på skulen igjen i au, blir kjekt å møte d igjen :o)

Nyyyt den siste uka så snakkes me ;o)

Anonym sa...

Kjekt å lese blogen din Per, tida gjeng fort og ej veit nesten ikkje kor det blir av alle desse dagane. Her e det heldigvis ikkje snø lenger og arbeidet går mykje lettere no, vi he det ganske bra her på Dimnøy, so gler vi oss til vår og varmere ver.